Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Abundant JOY

John 10:10 says: "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill and to destroy; I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly."

 Do you let the "thief" steal from you???  I'm referring to JOY, of course!  There are many opportunities through each day for us to be JOYful or to let the enemy snatch our joy right out from under us! For instance:
  • We can get irritated by having to stand in a long line at the grocery store check-out OR we can pray, "Lord, show me someone who needs a kind word or an expression of Your love." 
  • We can get impatient with that poky driver that pulls out in front of us OR we can pray for him/her as if it's our mom or granddaddy.
  • We can get agitated about the mess on our kitchen floor OR we can thank God of the children who are healthy and happy and are able to drop crumbs on the floor.

You see where I'm headed?  Each day is filled with CHOICES!  Today....will you choose to be in a good mood or a bad mood?  Will be choose to smile or frown?  Will you choose to complain or praise?

The verse in John 10:10 speaks of ABUNDANT LIFE.....I'm pretty sure Jesus was talking about a life overflowing with His JOY! Soooo, I'm making a choice! I CHOOSE ABUNDANT JOY!  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment