Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thanks for the JOYful memories of 2010!

The older I get, the more I understand the verse in the Bible that talks about life being like a mist, a vapor.  Time passes so quickly!  I can hardly believe that 2010 is almost over!  Though spotted with heartache and trials, I can honestly say that the Lord was good to pour out much JOY in my life all through the year.  And I'm sure that you can say the same.

These are some of my most vivid memories:
  • Baby Jude was born on January 26th, 2010.
  • Our first "EnJOY the Journey" Conference was attended by over 500 women!
  • My first book, JOY JUICE: Delightful Flavors of JOY in the Lord was published.
  • I enjoyed five book signings.
  • We had a great family vacation this summer with all the children and grandchildren.
  • Naomi had a "Princess" 3rd birthday party!
  • Will had an "Elmo" 2nd birthday party!
  • Nathan had an "Air Force" 5th birthday party!
  • Pat was surprised with his 60th birthday party!  TRULY SURPRISED!
  • Invitations throughout the state to worship with fellow sisters in Christ.
  • A miracle baby was born at just the PERFECT time to one of my precious friends.  And I was there!
  • My mom enjoyed good health throughout the year!  Such a blessing!
  • 26 family members gathered for Thanksgiving at our home in Wray.
  • God brought two special "partners in ministry" my way!
  • Our radio ministry continues to expand!
I could go on and on and on....but instead, I want to challenge YOU to start counting your JOYful blessings of the year past.  Many of you experienced heartache, but because of your relationship with the Lord, you still found JOY.  "The JOY of the Lord is our strength!"

As 2011 approaches, let's rededicate our lives to being completely HIS.  Our prayer for the New Year:
"Father, thank you for the gift of YOU.  May we be your willing, JOYful instruments in the upcoming year as we share Your love with others.  Open the doors of opportunity for us to be used to further Your Kingdom. Thank you for your love, your direction, your protection and your JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 2010 has not been the best for me but still I know I have many blessings for which to be thankful. I am so looking forward to 2011 and hopefully there will be lots of JOY to experience for all of us. Happy New Year, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete