Total Pageviews

Monday, January 1, 2018

A New Year of Joy in Relationship with God




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  It’s a great way to start the New Year!

            Happy New Year! Not one of us knows what this year will bring.  Hopefully, we’ll have many happy times, filled with laughter and joy.  Odds are, we will experience some tough times, too.  Some “bumps in the road” and difficult times when we are stressed and stretched.

            Regardless of what the new year brings, we’ll get through the hard times much better if we’ll rely on the Lord and ask for His guidance.  If you’ve not already done so, a good New Year’s resolution would be to lean more heavily on God and less on yourself.  Listen to the words of the Psalmist in Psalm 119:33-37.

"Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."

            Let’s determine to be diligent about making this our prayer throughout the new year. We might be amazed by the difference it will make in our lives. The closer we are to God, the sweeter that JOY becomes. 

            I'm praying that God will give you abundant joy in this new year, 2018, as you grow in relationship with Him.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment