Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

A Fresh, New Song of Joy



      Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Wait patiently and God will give you a new song of joy!

            At least nine times in the Bible we find the term “new song”. New means “fresh” and “song” (in this context) means “praise to God”. When our hearts are filled with gratitude for Who God is and what He has done for us, then we find ourselves with a fresh song of praise in our hearts and on our lips.

            Listen to the verses in Psalm 40 straight from David’s overflowing heart:

“I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust…”

            We can each identify with David as he speaks of being in the pit….the miry bog.  Life has a way of doling out unexpected, unwanted circumstances that discourage and destroy. But we can….with God’s help…get through those pits and move forward toward a brighter day.  He will give us a “new song” of praise, joy and hope when we trust in Him.

             May this New Year be a series of new songs of praise, hope and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment