Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 23, 2017

YET...There is Joy!



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Don’t worry! It’s not too late.  Have yourself a serving any time of the day or night.

            Do you ever find yourself worrying? I think we all would have to answer yes to that question. But…it is a choice, you know.  The prophet Habakkuk is a wonderful example of how we can choose not to worry.  Let’s read verses 17-19 of the 3rd chapter of Habakkuk:

“Though the fig tree does not bud
    and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
    and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
    and no cattle in the stalls,
YET… I will rejoice in the Lord,
    I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
    he enables me to tread on the heights.”

            Did you hear the turning point?  The pivotal decision that changed Habakkuk’s perspective?  YET…..Though all the bad things were going on around him….YET he proclaimed: “I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.” How could he do this?  He says because: “The Sovereign LORD is my strength.”

           We all have challenges….some days are harder than others…YET we can choose a relationship with the LORD and receive strength and joy in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment