Have you had your Joy Juice today? Joy is not like a game where it hides and you seek….but there are servings of joy stashed in unexpected places.
Each of us is continually on the receiving end….as well as the giving end….of friendship. We can find joy in all types of circumstances….but “hidden joy” may be incognito at times! If we are really tuned in and looking for it, however, we can see joy in a variety of ways….such as:
- A text that says: “Thinking of you!”
- A selfless gesture, like sitting with a grieving friend and simply listening, without trying to give answers.
- Joy may be in the form of babysitting or carpooling for a tired parent.
- Or dropping off a pizza & the trimmings at meal time.
- A card in the mail still is a great way to put a tangible touch to our thoughts and care.
Wouldn’t you admit you’re just a tad joyful when someone lets you ahead of them in the grocery store check-out line? What about finding that your bill has been paid when you check out at a restaurant? Talk about a joyful “find”!
These kinds of “hidden joys” are truly unexpected and certainly nice to receive! But EVEN BETTER is the joy we receive when WE do random acts of kindness for others. That is what brings the special joy to our hearts! Matthew 6:4 in The New Living Translation says:
“Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.”
One of those rewards ….is genuine JOY!
Give to others and learn the beauty of “hidden joy”.