Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 9, 2017

God's Peace, Rest & Joy



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Don’t get too busy to drink your own personal serving. 

            Are you a list maker?  I admit, I am.  I make lists on notepads, the backs of envelopes, on my computer, on my phone…..whatever is convenient! We have shopping lists, grocery lists, things to do today lists, menus…and hopefully, prayer lists. There is something quite satisfying about checking things off the list. But what do our lists say about us?  They, most likely, will pinpoint our priorities.  

            Do you sense that your priorities may be at least a little out of order?  If GOD is not first, then all the rest will most likely overwhelm us, keeping us running without a purpose.  If we will allow God to be our shepherd, leading us in the right ways,  then we can experience a “spiritual peace and rest” that can come only from that personal relationship.

            Be reminded of the 23rd Psalm that says: “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.  He leadeth me beside the still waters.”  

Doesn’t that scripture give you a vision of peace and rest….to lie down in green pastures and to stroll beside the quiet, still waters?  That’s where God wants to meet us every day.  Instead of rushing and racing, let’s ask God to show us how to prioritize.  As we walk with Him, may we listen and obey the Lord, our Shepherd!

            Take the time to “lie down in those green pastures” and experience God’s rest and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment