Have you had your Joy Juice today? Have you chosen to drink in the sweet taste of the Lord today?
In 1 Corinthians we are given instruction about how to make good, Godly choices. Chapters 9 and 10 are rich with wisdom in guiding us. Before we make any decision, large or small, let’s consider asking ourselves questions like these:
- Does this help my witness for Christ? (9;19-22)
- Am I motivated by desire to help others to know Christ? (9:23; 10:33)
- Does it help me do my best? (9:25)
- Is it against a specific command in scripture and would thus cause me to sin? (10:13)
- Is it the best and most beneficial course of action? (10:23, 33)
- Am I thinking only of myself, or do I truly care about the other person? (10:24)
- Am I acting lovingly or selfishly? (10:28-31)
- Does it glorify God? (10:31)
- Will it cause someone else to sin? (10:32)
Read and study God’s Word and you will find verses which address each of these questions. Every one of us will be faced with hundreds of choices every day! While some of those choices are minor and have “no right or wrong attached”—like what to have for lunch or how to style our hair—there are other decisions that will, not only affect us individually, but also will influence those around us. Let’s choose wisely by making sure our decisions line up with God’s Word.
Choose God; Choose His Wisdom; Choose JOY!