Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Lift Up His Name...with Joy!



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  When you feel like giving up….drink in an extra serving of joy in the Lord to receive strength!

            As I observed people in the flooded areas of Baton Rouge, LA recently, I saw all kinds of people.  Those who were discouraged; those who were broken. We found people who were persevering through the mess to clean up their homes and then, those who seemed to be giving up. What made the difference?  What made some people push forward and set a goal to move back into their home one day?  And then others succumb to hopelessness? One difference, I’m certain, is that those with a strong faith in God were much more confident in the future.

            All of us will have times is our lives when some sort of disaster touches us.  We need to be saturated in the truth of scripture so that we can live loved by God and committed to following Him regardless of our circumstances.  Here are a few scripture verses that we should hide in our hearts:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."  Deut. 31:6

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him."  Psalm 28:7

            Don’t give up…LIFT UP the name of the Lord and allow His truth and joy to strengthen you.

No comments:

Post a Comment