Have you had your Joy Juice today? Be an encourager as you spread the sincere, authentic joy of the Lord.
The Bible tells us to encourage others. Everyone needs encouragement on a consistent basis! In Romans 12, Paul gives us wise instruction about the characteristics of godly encouragers.
- In verse 9 we read: “Let love be without hypocrisy.” In other words, good encouragers are genuine, the real deal…not fake and phony.
- Verse 11 says: “Not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord.” Good encouragers are diligent, consistent, & passionate in their service to God.
- Verse 13 goes on to say: “Distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.” Those who take the initiative and do whatever it takes to minister to someone’s needs certainly bring encouragement.
- Good encouragers are selfless. Verses 14 -15 tell us to “Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.”
- And lastly in that passage, we are told that encouragers have a spirit of humility: “Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.” (Verse 16)
Let’s be true, joy-filled encouragers---authentic, selfless, assertive Christians---busy about serving God!