Have you had your Joy Juice today? Keep it close at hand so that you won’t lose your joy!
A few days ago I read a sermon (by Tom Shepard) entitled Finding the Joy You Have Lost. The sermon text was from my favorite book of the Bible…the JOY book…Philippians. This little book…four chapters…is chocked full of references to joy.
Tom Shepard gives three guidelines to help us when we feel as if we’ve lost our joy:
1. Live each day by GRACE. Legalism can kill your joy. It is important to realize that everything God does in us and through us is by grace, rather than our having to earn it. Living by grace is the key to joy.
2. Keep your priorities in perspective. A lot of people are looking for joy in all the wrong places. You can be a very religious person but still not have joy. JOY is found in a personal, intimate relationship with Christ. Make Him your first priority!
3. GROW in your walk with Jesus. How do we do that? Remember three “T”s.
· Time….You can’t get to know Him if you don’t spend time with Him.
· Talk…Every good relationship requires good communication. Talk to Him through prayer and Bible study…and remember to LISTEN as He talks to you.
· Trust…Relationships are built on trust. Our God has proven Himself faithful over and over again!
If you’ve lost your joy, start now by allowing Jesus into your heart. Make Him your top priority by spending time with Him daily and growing in a joy-filled, personal relationship.