Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Birthday Joy!



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  I’m drinking a special birthday flavor of JOY today! It’s my birthday!

             Like many of you, I have fond memories of birthday celebrations of years gone by.  My mom is a great cook and she always made homemade birthday cakes. Though our parties were not fancy, they were filled with love and the birthday presents were wrapped in joy….(the joy of being with family and of special time together.)

            Our earthly home situations as not always happy and joyous. Aren’t we thankful that we have a Heavenly Father who is preparing a place for us in which we will enjoy an eternity of celebrations with Him? In John 14, Jesus says:   

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” KJV


           Here is the Message Bible interpretation of those verses.  Imagine Jesus talking directly to you:  “Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live.”

            We can look forward to a joyful celebration with Jesus…throughout eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment