Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Start Fresh...and Press On Toward JOY!



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Forget about yesterday!  It’s in the past!  Start fresh today and strive toward a future filled with JOY in the Lord.

            Philippians is one of my favorite books of the Bible.  And I’m sure you can guess why! It’s known as the book of JOY!  Although Paul was writing this letter from prison, JOY radiates throughout the entire book!  Now, if we found ourselves in a similar situation as Paul, would we writing a JOY-filled letter?  Or would be complaining and begging someone to help?

             You’ve heard me say repeated that we have choices in life.  One of those major choices is whether to live in the past….or move forward.  Some of us hold on to the past because it was GOOD….we were “happy” then.  Others hold on to the past because we made ungodly or poor choices that negatively affected our lives; and we can’t seem to forgive ourselves.  No matter what our situation, holding on to the past is NOT a good thing.

            Listen to what Paul had to say about letting go of the past: (Philippians 3:13-14)
“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

             May I challenge you to follow the example of Paul and “forget what is behind, strain toward what is ahead and press on toward the goal” of abundant JOY in Christ!?

No comments:

Post a Comment