Total Pageviews

Friday, October 19, 2012

Growing Older Can Bring JOY!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Young or old or somewhere in between, the Lord’s brand of JOY is just what you need!

             I am beginning to understand what David meant when he wrote in Psalm 37, verse 25:   “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken….

            Like David, I, too, can look back on the past and see God’s faithfulness.  Never once has He forsaken me.  Sure, there have been circumstances that I didn’t like, sad times and struggles. He has not always answered my prayers in the way I thought they should be answered. And I certainly have not always made the right choices. But our GOD IS FAITHFUL and His mercies are new every morning!

            There are certain advantages to growing older:

  • You begin to understand that God is in control of your life.
  • You can look back on the tough times and see that you came out stronger and, hopefully, wiser.
  • Material things become less important because you know that they are not what brings you true joy.  Only a relationship with God can do that!
  • A few years under the belt shows you that there is a difference between needs and wants.  And God supplies all our “needs”.
  • And as we grow older we value friendships with good, Christian people because we see ourselves as “family” regardless of where we live, our education level, skin color or material wealth. Being brothers and sisters in Christ makes us one big JOYful family!

      Don’t fret about your age….young or old or in between!  Soak in the joy of being in the stage of life you are RIGHT NOW and look forward to sharing His joy with others along the way!

           

1 comment: