Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

An Extra Sweet Serving of JOY JUICE!




            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Don’t be afraid of offending someone  by sharing the JOY of the Lord! 

            Billy Graham wrote: "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone - except God."  This quote was posted on my friend’s facebook page.  As I read it, I was struck with the powerful truth of this simple statement. She, also referred to the passage in Colossians 3:24: “It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”

            With her permission, I’m going to share Hillary’s post with you. Watching her grow from a pretty little girl into a beautiful young wife and mother who loves the Lord has been a JOYful blessing in my life.  She recently was diagnosed with a form of cancer, but she has NOT lost her JOY in Jesus! She writes:

      When I meet people these days, I really want to tell them my story. Not because I seek pity or sympathy but to share how God has moved in my life. Thinking about doing this sharing though, comes with a slight anxiety that I might offend someone or step on toes. But this quote by Billy Graham combined with the verse in Colossians from my bible study today makes it clear to me that being offensive should not be my main concern.
 
     My main concern should be seeking God myself. My story is just that- MY story. The story of how God has healed me, held me, loved me, and taught me some very valuable lessons during a difficult time. When I tell my story or tell you how much I love God or encourage you to seek him, it is only out of love for my Savior and you. I want everyone to experience the peace and love and acceptance that no other can offer.”

            Thanks to Hillary Hamby Heitzman for making this serving of JOY JUICE extra special!  

No comments:

Post a Comment