Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

Autumn Rains of Righteousness and JOY



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  No matter what time of the year, it’s always refreshing!

            Though I’ve read the Bible for a long, it still amazes me that I continually find “new” things that I do not remember seeing before!  It’s as if God continues to add truths that I need at just the right time!  Well, you and I both know that the Word of God does not change….WE DO!  Our needs, our desires, our spiritual maturity, our circumstances….all of those change.  And when the eyes of our hearts become receptive, we do see new truth that we’ve not “seen” before.

            Today as I was enjoying the autumn weather, I opened His Word to the short book of  Joel.  I found a new batch of JOY JUICE I didn't remember tasting before.  Written by the Prophet, Joel, the purpose of the book was to warn Judah of God’s impending judgment because of their sins and to urge them to turn back to God.

            I was struck by how our country needs to heed this same message!  How we need to turn back to God and the principles on which our country was founded. 

           Joel said:

“Rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness.  He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.”   (Joel 2:23)

            The joy found here is that God can and will intervene and draw us back to Him, if we humble ourselves before Him and repent of our sins.

            Let us pray for forgiveness and those autumn rains of righteousness…..abundant showers of HIS JOY JUICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment