Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

Godly Wisdom Brings JOY!


            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Please encourage others by dipping into the JOY JUICE well and finding God’s wisdom and joy.

            Godly wisdom…That should be on the top of our prayer list.
            Godly wisdom…It’s of more value than silver or gold.
            Godly wisdom…. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

            Last week after the morning worship service at my church, a wise, Godly woman put her arms around me and told me that she was praying for me.  She said, "Honey, keep serving the Lord and running the race for Him as long as you can ….because one day you might not be physically able.”  Then she added with a smile, “But when you can’t physically go and do, you can still pray for others who can!”

            She put her arms around me again and said, “When your frock tail swishes as you are busy about God’s work, know that I am at home praying for you.” 

            What a gift this Godly, older woman had just given me….and continues to as she prays for me daily!  She is such a beautiful example of Godly wisdom.  Though she may be growing older and her health declining, she continues to serve the Lord.  These days her service is different than in days gone by---but no less important.  She is lifting others before the Lord and I’m sure He recognizes her voice…..a familiar voice that has come to Him countless times through  the years.  JOYfully He listens to her requests and JOYfully He answers. 

            Let’s each pray for wisdom and continue to joyfully serve God…no matter what our age or stage of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment