Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Childlike Faith Brings Wisdom and JOY!


Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Even little children are wise enough to enjoy its special flavor!

            We can all learn from children.  They have such a zest for life and laugh easily at things that sometimes we ignore.  A special friend gave me a framed picture of Jesus many years ago. He was holding a child on his lap, while other children were gathered around easily talking to him.  They all had smiles on their faces….Jesus included!

            That’s how I picture Jesus…..enjoying the innocence of children who love Him….JUST BECAUSE.  They don’t realize that He was willing to die for them.  They are not old enough to be cynical.  They’re not spiritually mature enough to know all the commands or what the Bible teaches…but they love and laugh because of their pure hearts. 

            A few weeks ago, Papa Pat and I were babysitting three of our grandjoys! I was combing our four-year-old granddaughter’s hair when she began to ask me questions about my childhood.  She wanted to know where my daddy was; and I told her that he was in heaven with Jesus.  Instead of being sad or perplexed, her face immediately broke out into a radiate smile.  Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she announced: “GiGi, do you know the first thing I’m gonna do when I get to heaven?!  I’m going to run into Jesus’ arms and give Him a great big hug!”

            With tears of JOY in my eyes, I realized God had given me a fresh glimpse of His love.  Through the words of a child, I was reminded of the JOY that awaits us when we walk through heaven’s gates!

            Let’s all strive toward child-like faith, wisely and JOYfully anticipating eternity with Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. A JOYous reminder! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the pic...given and received with love!! I know the love of JESUS!! Praise HIM!! I will always remember Naomi wanting to run and hug JESUS...oh how precious...I agree with her...oh what JOY!! Heaven will be total JOY to be with our Savior and our loved ones...to spend an Eternity!! Praise GOD for His love for us!! Thank "YOU" for sharing!! GOD Bless!! "ME"

    ReplyDelete