Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

JOY is a HEALER!!!


Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  When we are intentional about sharing the JOY of the Lord, that JOY JUICE is delicious!!!!!

             In case you haven’t noticed, I love to talk about JOY.  I believe that the more we think about something, the more intentional we become about making it a goal.  Who couldn’t use more JOY in their life?  Especially…..Joy from the Lord!

            JOY is a healer! Proverbs 17:22 reminds us that “A happy heart is like good medicine, but a broken spirit drains your strength.”   Many times a happy heart leads to laughter! Doctors tell us that laughter has many benefits:

  • It reduces stress and tension
  • It strengthens our immune system
  • It’s great exercise for our lungs
  • It increases circulation
  • It even reduces pain

 God created us with a need for joy and laughter.  Can you remember the last time you had a good belly laugh?  If you can’t, you need some serious JOY JUICE!  Find some good Christian friends who love to laugh and hang out with them for a while.  Try to see the humor in your circumstances….Laugh at yourself! If all else fails, find some children to keep you company.  Volunteer at school or church in the children’s department and I can assure you that there will be plenty of laughter.

            God delights when His children are JOYful.  And JOY is contagious!

(Side note: This weekend we kept three of our grandchildren and they brought lots of joy and laughter to Papa Pat and me.  The oldest two, ages 5 & 3, got on a "knock-knock joke" kick and told the same jokes over and over and over!  And do you know what I did.....I laughed and laughed and laughed at the same jokes over and over and over again!  REALLY!  I laughed till my sides split, because they were laughing so contagiously that it just tickled me pink!  Sooooooooooo if you are need of some laughter and joy, just let me know and I'll "loan" you my precious, silly grandchildren!  They are the BEST! But you must PROMISE to return them promptly!)          

No comments:

Post a Comment