Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Your Daily Dose of Joy in the Lord


           Have you had your Joy Juice today? Determine to meet the challenge of drinking in the Joy of Jesus every day!

            There are countless challenges that come our way. If given a choice, we would certainly turn down many of them! But most of time we are not given that option.  As parents often tell their children, “Life ain’t always fair, and sometimes we have to do things we don't want to!” 

            Take for example when a child is sick and needs a shot.  At the doctor’s office, the young child screams, "Mommy, please don't let them hurt me!!!!!" or “Daddy, if you love me you won’t let them do this!” And parents respond,   "Yes, I know it’s going to hurt, but you need this in order to get well. And because I love you, I'm making you do this. "

          Have you ever begged God to take you out of a challenge because you truly didn't want to face the unpleasant circumstances?  "Please, God, if you love me, you won’t make me do this!" And He answers, "Trust in my love and you will grow through this.  At times the pruning and polishing hurts, but I’m making you into a beautiful masterpiece.”

        Romans 8:28 is a good a dose of medicine for when we don’t understand WHY God is allowing trials in our lives. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  When we come to understand and accept that truth, then we will also be able to confidently say:" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! "

         The challenge: to faithfully and consistently accept your daily dose of God’s joy and strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment