Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Radiate His Joy....In Your Heart and On Your Face!


            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  I can tell by the expression on your face whether you’ve had your daily serving!

            There’s an obvious connection between what’s in the heart and what shows up on the face.  Not long ago, I was quietly brooding over something upsetting that had happened.  I was certain that I was hiding it well, because I was not talking about it. But it was in my thoughts constantly. I was hurt and little angry…but I wasn’t going to let on to anyone that I was not “joyful”.  After all, I’m supposed to “rejoice in the Lord…ALWAYS”---just like I tell YOU to do!

            I was certain that I was masking my feelings, when I ran into a dear friend who I had not seen in weeks.  Her first question to me was, “What’s wrong?”  “I’m okay!”   I quickly responded.   “Something’s not right! I can see it on your face.”

            Immediately, I broke into a grin because I knew that this dear friend had been able to peer straight into my heart.  Without going into specifics, I asked her to pray for me and my attitude.  Only God could move my thoughts from the upsetting situation to other things which would lead me back to JOY in Him.

            Next time we’re going through one of those difficult times, let’s open our Bible to the book of Psalms and meditate on David’s words:

“I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.”

             May our facial expressions RADIATE His JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment