Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Encourage, Affirm & Share the Joy



Have you had your Joy Juice today?  It’s affirming to experience the joy of the Lord!

            An important part of “encouragement” is something called AFFIRMATION!  Letting someone know that you believe in them or they’re you’re proud of them…A pat on the back, so to speak!  Genuine words of affirmation can change a person’s life….literally! 

        We’ve all heard stories of how teachers have made a difference in the lives of their students.  And this is so true!  But I want to tell you...it works both ways.  I was a teacher for years; and it was the children who---time and time again--- were an encouragement to me!

            I worked at the primary and elementary school levels. The children were always generous with their unconditional hugs…DAILY! The contagious smiles “spoke” encouragement, loud and clear! Many times, I’d receive an original piece of artwork with an “I love you” scribbled across the page.  Oh, how that picked me up and gave me “affirmation” that I was right where God meant for me to be!

            We adults could take lessons from our younger friends!
·        Let’s reach out to that someone who needs a hug today.
·        Generously share your smiles. Whether you know the person or not, remember EVERYBODY needs a smile.  It affirms that the person is important enough to be acknowledged.
·        Share your talents with others who may need just the kind of “pick me up” that only you can give. 

When you get into the habit of being an encourager, then the JOY of the Lord pours out from you and flows back to you! 

            Encourage, affirm and share the joy of the Lord with others.  
           

No comments:

Post a Comment