Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

God's Umbrella of Joy



           Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Hope your day is filled with joy….even when the storms come!

            God has blessed me to be a part of “JoyJoy Ministries”.  The vision He has placed in my heart is to share a double-portion of His joy with others. My thoughts and my writings easily focus on the “passion” He has given me---JOY in the Lord! However, I would be misleading you if I pretended to always enJOY my circumstances or tell you that I always respond joyfully to every situation. Not so……

            Life is hard at times.  Paul tells us in Philippians 4:4 that we are to “Rejoice, always!” …not because of the sickness or heartache or broken relationship.  We can “rejoice always” because God is there to walk with us through the difficult times.

Rick Warren says that the “Bible teaches us that there are three kinds of storms in life: storms that we bring on ourselves (like Samson), storms that God causes (like on the Sea of Galilee), and storms that other people cause (as when Paul and Silas were thrown into prison).”  The fact is that we are ALL going to experience stormy days.  But, no matter what kind of storm you may find yourself in, you can count on God to be in the midst of it with you, sheltering you, protecting you even when you are scared and hurting.

He promises: “Never  will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”.  (Hebrews 13:5)

Stand strong under God’s umbrella of protection and find joy under the shelter of His wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment