Total Pageviews

Monday, April 13, 2015

Be Joyfully Obedient to God's Directions



            Have you had your Joy Juice this morning?  As you drive along your way, pay special attention to God’s directions!

            A few days ago, I was on my way to a meeting…with a car full of joyful ladies.  Though I was somewhat familiar with the town we were traveling in, I was unsure of the best way to get to our destination.  I was driving and my friend in the passenger seat was navigating because she was very familiar with the territory and knew the most direct route.

            At first when she told me to turn right or left, I listened and obeyed her directions…but we came to a place where I THOUGHT I knew better and when she told me to turn right, I wanted to turn left.  I was SURE that she was confused. So I did it MY WAY…which was the wrong way.  My precious friend lovingly asked, “Why would you not listen to me?”

            Oh, how God gripped my heart with that real illustration of how I often react when He tries to guide me!  As long as I am familiar with the territory, it’s easy to listen to Him.  But how many times have I gone left when God told me to turn right?  How often have I sought His direction on some matter and turned in the opposite direction of what He told me to do?  As with my dear, loving friend…I can hear God whisper, “Why would you not listen to me?”  (John 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life….)

           When we are driving on these roads of life, we should listen to God as He navigates.  We CAN trust Him.  And lest we forget…the passengers who are riding with us will be affected by our decisions. May we be joyfully obedient to God’s directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment