Total Pageviews

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Father's Hands Cover You with Love & Joy!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  The Father’s own hands squeezed your special serving!  Drink it joyfully!

             As I’ve been reading and studying lately my attention has been drawn to the subject of “The Father’s hands”.  In my limited imagination, I try to visualize what those hands would look like.  I know they are hands which caress our hearts with love, and compassionately draw us close when we need comfort.  I see strong hands which pick us up when we fall and carry us when we are weak.  God’s hands are busy hands, never at rest and always working to accomplish His purpose.

            I can’t visualize God’s hands without seeing the nail-scarred, bleeding hands of Jesus, hanging on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins.  His hands are hands of sacrifice because of His love for you and me.

            Let’s look at the passage in John 10: 27-30 where Jesus talks about God’s hands:

 “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

            Just as a shepherd protects his sheep, Jesus protects his people from eternal harm.  Doesn’t it bring you great joy to know that, if we choose to follow Jesus, we have the joyful security of knowing that we are in His hands?! What a safe and secure place to be!

             Take the Father’s hand and walk with Him along the path of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment