Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Don't Make Excuses for Not Sharing His JOY



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  If not, then what’s your excuse?

            It’s easy to make excuses…like why we can’t attend church or serve in some way.  BUT….if it were something like a shopping trip (ladies) or a ballgame  (guys)…..would we use the same excuses? 
Some years ago the magazine Moody Monthly ran a piece which included excuses which a person might use for not going to sporting events.  See if you “catch the implications” of these excuses:
  • Every time I go, they ask for money.
  • The people don’t seem very friendly.
  • The seats are too hard and uncomfortable.
  • The coach never comes to see me.
  • The referee made a decision with which I could not agree.
  • The band played numbers that I had never heard before.
  • My parents took me to too many games when I was growing up.
  • I don’t want to take my children, because I want them to choose for themselves what sport they like best.” (as quoted by Charles Swindoll. The Tale of the Tardy Oxcart And 1,501 Other Stories. (Nashville: Word , 1998.) p. 189]
 You get the point?  Before we make our next excuse, let’s remember that God NEVER makes excuses when we call on Him! So, let’s follow His example.

Romans 1:20 tells us, “ For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--
his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen…, so that men are without excuse."


            Don’t make excuses! Drink that JOY JUICE faithfully and share His JOY boldly!

No comments:

Post a Comment