Total Pageviews

Monday, October 6, 2014

No Excuses! Share the JOY of Jesus!



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  No excuses!

            All of us are guilty of coming up with excuses when we forget to do something or when we simply don’t want to do it!   Remember some of the excuses we used to try on our school teachers?  We’ve all heard the “dog ate my homework” excuse!  One of the best I ever heard was: “I lost my homework while I was fighting with this boy who said you weren’t the best teacher in the whole school!” Good try! :)

            What do you imagine God thinks when we try to give HIM excuses?  Like when we don’t read our Bible or pray?  Our excuse could easily be: “It’s just impossible to find the time!”  God might respond: “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”  (Luke 18:27)

We sometimes say: “I’m too tired!”  God answers:  "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”  (Matthew 11:28)

            Making excuses started way back with Adam and Eve.  Remember? Adam blamed Eve for making him eat the fruit…and then Eve blamed the serpent!  I guess it’s just human nature to not want to own up to our own bad choices. 
           
            When God leads us to serve Him in some way or to strive for a closer relationship with Him, instead of wasting time thinking up excuses, we need to spend our time praying and asking God to help us. Let’s quit making excuses so that we can experience the JOY of the Lord!

            Drink that JOY JUICE faithfully so that you’ll have NO EXCUSE not to share a double portion of God’s JOY with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment