Total Pageviews

Monday, November 11, 2013

Blessings of JOY



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Drinking it faithfully helps us to see our blessings more clearly.

            I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the word “blessing”.  Maybe it’s the season of the year with Thanksgiving approaching.  Maybe it’s that I’m another year older! But I have come to realize that God truly does enjoy blessing His children.  For years I didn’t think too much about that word “blessing”. It was a short canned prayer that we said before each meal; a habit…a good habit…but words recited without much thought. It was just ritual and routine.

            Often our prayer life does get stale and meaningless.  We throw up a “God is great, God is good; let us thank Him for our food” and we don’t stop to think about truly how blessed we are!  May I challenge you…and you can challenge me…to begin to be more sensitive to the many “blessings” that are ours.  To name a few:

  • Family
  • Good health
  • Material comforts
  • Our home
  • Dear friends
  • And most importantly, a God who loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us.

My prayer for each of you today is the scripture found in Numbers 6:24-25 NLT:
May the LORD bless you and protect you. May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you.”

             I'm feeling blessed that you, my friend, have joined me for another serving of  JOY JUICE! Let’s not take any of God’s blessings for granted. When we are grateful for His blessings, our hearts are filled with JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment