Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Patience and JOY



             Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Children love to drink it!!

            Years ago, when my children were small, I was trying to study my Sunday School lesson while the children were supposedly playing quietly in the next room.   I had hardly begun to study when the first interruption came, and then another and other! Exasperated with them I said, “I want you to go play and let me study!  The next one that interrupts is going to be in big trouble!”  They dropped their little heads and started out of the room.  But before they were completely out of sight, one turned around and bravely asked, “What’s your S.S. lesson about this week, Mommy?”  “It’s about PATIENCE!!!  Now, go play!”

            As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I realized that God was speaking through these innocent children and teaching ME a lesson!  Was I demonstrating the patience and grace to my children that I was going to teach others about on Sunday?  I thought about all the times that God had been patient with ME…..and here I was… not willing to do the same for these precious children who were gifts from God. What a pitiful example I was being!

            It was at that point that I closed my book and Bible and I joined them for some “mommy time”! Study time would come later, when they were asleep!  I was reminded of the verse in Psalm 127: 3 that says: Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward (a gift) from him.  Parents, let’s remember that spending quality time with our children speaks volumes …as well as demonstrating the JOY of the Lord.

           Serve JOY JUICE to your children generously and patiently! Be a consistent, shining example of His love and JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment