Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Because HE Lives....WE Can Have JOY!



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Be prepared for your day by bringing along an extra serving!

            One thing’s for sure….when we wake up each morning, we never know what life might bring!  We may receive good news; maybe a new baby is on the way or someone gets engaged or a loved one gets a great doctor’s report!!  On the other hand, we may have the breath knocked out of us by devastating news such as a terminal diagnosis or the heartbreak of betrayal and a marriage falling apart.

            Though we can’t see into the future, we know the One Who holds our future.  The words of a beautiful old hymn come to mind. “Because He Lives!”  I can almost hear my beloved daddy now bellowing out the words as he sang from the depths of his heart and soul….words that he believed with his entire being and taught his family by example.  The chorus expresses why we can have JOY regardless of our circumstances:

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

     If I could add my own twist to this beautiful chorus, it may go something like this:
     Because He lives, I can have JOY regardless,
     Because He loves, my JOY is complete!
     Because He longs for a relationship with me
     Life is abundantly JOYful and, oh, so wonderfully sweet!

                Drink your JOY JUICE faithfully, and know that “because He lives” in your heart, you can experience the sweetest kind of JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment