Total Pageviews

Monday, December 10, 2012

The Purpose of Christmas JOY



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Christmas JOY is extra special! Please don’t miss any opportunity to drink it in and share it with others.

             I believe the best way we can find the JOY in every aspect of the Christmas season is to connect our hearts to Christ.  By accepting Him as our Lord and Savior, we open our hearts to Him, His goodness, His awesome love for us and we are reminded daily of His faithfulness.

            Just this morning I was reading in Isaiah 46:8-10 and found a huge serving of JOY.

“Remember this, keep it in mind,
   take it to heart, you rebels.
 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
    I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me.
 I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand…”

As I pondered the words of this passage, I realized the importance of remembering the Christmas story of long ago.  Indeed, God showed Himself as a God of love and sacrifice!  From the beginning, His plan was to bring Jesus, His Son, to earth in the form of a human baby.  Jesus didn’t come to earth with the fanfare of a worldly king.  But, instead was born in a stable…the King of Kings!

            This Christmas let’s focus our thoughts on the purpose of Christmas JOY.  For He is God and there is no other like Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment