Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fix These Words of JOY in Your Heart



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  When decorating for Christmas, please do it with JOY!

            Each year as I pull out my many years worth of Christmas decorations that I’ve stashed & saved, I take a stroll down memory lane.  Though our children are all grown and have homes of their own, sweet memories linger as I find paper angels and nostalgic ornaments made with their once tiny little fingers.

  I remember the excitement of decorating the tree each Christmas when they were young.  We had a tradition of everyone taking a turn hanging an ornament on the tree and telling something that we were thankful for from the year past.  Today I hold these memories close to my heart …and I hope that they will take some of our family traditions and pass them along to their children.

 Many of the ornaments in my keepsake box are the children’s artwork encouraged by wonderful teachers they had in school, Sunday School, cub scouts, and other areas of their lives while growing up.  I thank God for willing adults who took the time to invest in my young ones and instill in them Godly values.

What a great reminder of how we all can be an important part of Christmas for children…regardless of our age or stage of life.  Let’s be reminded of the words in Deuteronomy 11: 18-21:

“Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up…”

    Teach the children in your life about Christmas JOY and they will remember it for years to come!



           

No comments:

Post a Comment