Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Celebrating My Mom....JOYfully!


Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  I’m celebrating by drinking mine today in honor of my mom, because today is her birthday!

            Many of us are blessed with wonderful mothers. I would love to be able to tell you all the things my mom has taught me, but I could never list it all!  So I’ll just try to honor her today by telling you a few of the ways her life has demonstrated JOY:

  1. My mother grew up during the Great Depression.  She and her family didn’t have much materially, but she says they had all they needed…..love and faith.
  2. She makes us smile when she talks about first meeting my daddy! To this day she still has a sparkle in her eyes and sweet joy overflows from her heart when she speaks about him.
  3. Mom and Dad were married for 56 years! What a blessing!  My mother loved being a wife and mother, so our home was filled with lots of joy.
  4. As they raised a son and two daughters, we all knew that there were limits!  And if we passed over those limits, we WOULD be punished!  But, we saw that as love.
  5. Most of all, I honor Mom today because of the shining, radiant Godly example she is!  She’s been through her times of trials and difficulties, but she is always quick to tell you that “the JOY of the Lord is her strength!”
  Celebrate the important people in your life by honoring them and telling them how much they are loved.  It will bring JOY to them…and, also, to you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment