Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Pinch of Salt with My JOY JUICE, Please!


        Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  You might want to add just a pinch of salt to give it an enhanced flavor!

    It’s a fact that salt makes things taste better.  What’s the first thing you do when you sit down to the table and taste something bland?  Most of us reach for the salt shaker.

   Even Job stated in Chapter 6, verse 6 “Can that which is unsavory be eaten without salt?"  To put this in the spiritual context, it is easier for people to accept our message of God's free gift of salvation when it is given in the right spirit. A person must understand the need for a savior before they will accept Jesus Christ.

When we are sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus, we must remember that the words we choose must be enough to get our point across but not so many that we overstate our point and confuse the issue. We should use moderation in our speech. In other words, we should choose our words carefully.
       
     Sometimes it may take just a “pinch” of spiritual salt to be the perfect flavor that a person needs to make a decision to follow Christ.  A whole “cupful” may overwhelm them. Do you see my point?  We need to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and make sure our words are seasoned with just the right amount of salt.  Ask God to fill your salt shaker with the purest and “tastiest” seasoning….that which is filled with His love, His truth and His JOY!!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo true. We all need to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit before we open our mouth.I pray God helps me to open my ears more and my mouth less. Thanks for this serving of Wed. Joy Juice...love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Jesus in you...your light shines for Him with just the right amount of salt and sugar to share His JOY and love with others!!! May your light keep shining for Jesus!!!
    I pray GOD will help me let my light shine for Him!!! I pray when I open my mouth it be filled with His love!!
    GOD is soooooooo good!!! John 3:16!!!! "ME"

    ReplyDelete