Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Our God is JOYfully Awesome!

My new book is with the editor and just about to be complete!  YIPPPEEEE!  God is so faithful.  In the process, I've got another new friend.  I had already fallen in love with Jennifer...Ms. Editor...while working on the last book, but this time we REALLY have gotten close.  We're finding that we have more and more in common. 

However, that's NOT the new friend I want to tell you about today.  It's a fellow author named Kitty.  She's just completed her first book and is going to use the same editor I'm using.  She called today with a few questions...from Springfield, MO.  We instantly had a "connection" because of our love for the Lord and our desire to write what He has laid upon our hearts. I was soooo thrilled to be able to help someone who is going through what I have just recently experienced...publishing that first book!  There are a zillion questions and sometimes you don't even know WHAT to ask.

Anyway, our conversation ended up growing a little more personal when she began to describe her husband---in a most loving way.  I began to laugh because it was as if she was describing MY hubby, Papa Pat!  I asked her when she'd been peeking in the window of our lives!  She shared that she and her husband had been together close to 40 years!  "Us, too!" I told her.  "In August we will celebrate 39 years!"

Kitty said, "Our anniversary is in August, too.  We will be married 39 years, too! What's the date?"
I responded, "August 26."  She let our a squeal.  "OUR'S TOOOO!!!!!'

Now, may I ask you....what are the chances of someone I've NEVER met, that lives miles and miles away...several states away...would call to chat about writing a book and we find out we have the same exact anniversary.  Before we hung up the telephone, we prayed together and promised to keep in touch.  Can't wait to meet my new friend face to face one day....either on earth or in heaven.  But she will be in my heart always.   This is a good time to remember the Lord's words in Isaiah 55: 8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Now, that's a great big serving of JOY JUICE!  Thank you, Lord!  You are JOYfully AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment