Total Pageviews

Monday, January 26, 2015

May Our Words Be Joyfully Wholesome



           Have you had your Joy Juice today?  While reading my Bible and sipping my Joy Juice, I came across the scripture in Ephesians 4:29; “Let not any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, but only what is helpful in building others up according to their need, that it may benefit those who listen.”

            Oh, my! Numerous times I have miserably failed in this area.  Those times when I lost my cool with my children and said things that were not “helpful in building them up”…..the times when I carelessly pass on gossip without even considering who it may hurt….and the occasions when my words have been judgmental and critical of others. 

            How can we be sure that the words that come out of our mouths are “wholesome”?  We should start by repenting. We’ve all fallen short in this area. Let’s be willing to allow God to be in control of our thoughts, your reactions and our words. Before we open our mouths, we should ask ourselves, “Would Jesus say this?” “Are my words going to be helpful in building this person up?”  “Will the people who hear my words benefit as they listen?”

            If the answer to any of these questions is NO, let’s determine to be quiet until God fills our mouth with HIS words…Words that will bring encouragement and joy to those who will hear.

May the words that we speak today fill others with joy and benefit all who listen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment