Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Make a JOYful Difference



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Don’t forget to share some with your friends.

            As I was shopping at one of our local grocery stores the other day, I ran into an old friend who lifted me up with her kind words.  She took the time out of her busy day to share the JOY of the Lord with me!  I considered this chance meeting a gift from God, because the rest of the day I was more cheerful, more sensitive to others, my smile was a little broader…and I had some extra “pep in my step”.  In less than two minutes this sweet friend had “made a difference” in my life.

            When was the last time that you took the time to add joy to someone’s day?  Let’s take a lesson from this dear lady and slow down long enough to make a difference.  We are often in such a hurry to take care of the urgent, that we forget what is truly important.  As the scripture in Psalm 118:24 reminds us…. “This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

            Let’s not wait until tomorrow….let’s ask God to give us opportunities today to share His love with others.  We can choose to rejoice and be glad in the opportunities God gives us to make a difference in other’s lives. Opportunities such as:

·        Greeting people with a smile
·        Sharing a kindness.
·        Encouraging the person at the drive through window by telling them what a good job they are doing.
·        Making a phone call to a sick friend and praying with them.
·        Thanking your waitress and giving her a little extra tip!

           The list could go on and on.  Be a JOYful friend….old or new…and share the JOY of the Lord by making a difference in someone's life today!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment