Total Pageviews

Monday, February 11, 2013

How JOYfully Great Is Our GOD!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  No matter how young or old you are, there’s always room for JOY!

            One of the perks of being a former teacher and school counselor is that I am blessed to have numerous young friends! What a source of encouragement!

            One of those young friends contacted me via email a while back telling me that he listens most mornings to the JOY JUICE radio devotionals. I asked him if he had any suggestions and he blessed my heart with his response.  He said, “Why don’t you tell everyone HOW GREAT GOD IS!!!!! “ 

            As JOY filled my heart over this young man’s tender heart for God, I was immediately reminded of the beautiful old hymn, How Great Thou Art. I’m sure you remember it…"O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder, Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made…"

              This magnificent hymn was written in the early 1900’s by a Swedish pastor named Carl Boberg. He had gone for a walk when a thunderstorm with fierce winds suddenly appeared. After the storm was over, Mr. Boberg looked out over the clear bay.  He heard a church bell in the distance…and the words to  
How Great Thou Art began to form in his heart.

 "Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
"

            When we’re faced with the unexpected storms of life, grasp on to the truth that our soul can joyfully sing because of our great God.

            Today, may I remind you (with the help of my young friend) that our God is great! Drink in His Joy and be prepared to sing…no matter what life may bring your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment