Total Pageviews

Monday, January 28, 2013

"JOY" Does Not Always Mean "Happy"




Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Sometimes we have to drink it in the midst of sorrow, heartache and suffering.

            I want to open my heart to you today and share with you  that several things have entered my life lately that have not been “happy”. 

·        One of my best friends is fighting cancer.  That surely does not make me happy!
·         I have a cousin who recently lost an infant grandson.  The baby lived only a few hours after birth.  What a sad time for the family!
·        On a national scale, all of us can reflect on the senseless shooting at Sandy Hook Elem. School in Connecticut just a few weeks ago.  This is close to my heart because I’m a former teacher...and a parent!  We are anything but happy about the loss of those precious children and staff members.

No matter who we are or where we live, we are going to face situations which cause us heartache.  It’s impossible to always be HAPPY.  But as I’ve shared with you so many times….we CAN still have the JOY of the Lord….even in tearful, fearful, stressful times because THE Giver of true Joy is Jesus!

            When I think of my friend, Janice, who is fighting that old evil disease, I can find JOY in the example she sets before me…one of faith and peace!
            My cousin is a committed Christian and though his family is hurting, they have the JOY of knowing they will see that precious little one in heaven.
            The news media has reported stories of the hurting people of Sandy Hook/Newtown coming together in their grief.  Those with a strong faith will tell us that the JOY of the Lord is where they’ve found their strength”! Nehemiah 8:10

            Drink the JOY JUICE of Jesus by accepting Him as your Savior and Lord today! That’s the only way to have JOY in the midst of trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment