Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Take Time to be Holy...and JOYful!


Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Take the time….even if you don’t think you’ve got it!  You will be JOYfully glad that you did!

            What kinds of things do you “take time” for?  It seems that our days are often filled with the urgent obligations of our job, family and various responsibilities.  Sometimes we have to make ourselves stop and “take time” for certain things. What do you “take time” for?  I’m going to confess that if my children…or especially my GRANDCHILDREN need or want me to do something, most likely I will “take the time” to do that!  Why?  Because I love them!

            There’s an old hymn that was written back in 1882 by William Longstaff that reminds us of what we should always be willing to “take time” to do.  The title of the song is "Take Time to Be Holy".  Look at the words of the first two verses: 

Take time to be holy, speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, and feed on His Word.
Make friends of God’s children, help those who are weak,
Forgetting in nothing His blessing to seek.

Take time to be holy, the world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret, with Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus, like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.

            We all need to take time to be holy by spending time with Jesus!  By taking the time to be with Him, we become more like Him.  And that, my friends, leads to JOY.

      

1 comment:

  1. Amen...thanks for reminding me of this beautiful song!! Love it!!! It is hard to find enough time for everything....but this song says so much...GOD's love for us...our love for Him...we need to slow down
    and remember...I need JOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete