Total Pageviews

Monday, January 20, 2014

Train Up A Child...with the JOY of JESUS!



          Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Children love the taste…please share some with them!

            You don’t have to be around me long before you know that I LOVE CHILDREN! I had the privilege of working in the elementary & primary schools in our community for many years. My husband, Papa Pat and I have three grown children and six grand children….who I affectionately call our “grandJOYs”.   There is not much in this life that brings me more pleasure than being around children.

            SO, that’s what I’d like for us to concentrate on this week….praying for our children, grandchildren, young friends or relatives.  Many times I think we miss the importance of covering our young people in prayer.  Raising small children is no easy task.  It’s a full time job, with little time for rest.  Parents receive little appreciation for the constant assignment of child-rearing….yet it is the most rewarding job on earth!

                        If you find yourself in this season of life, know that you can depend on God to give you wisdom when you most need it; to fill your heart with love and compassion and forgiveness; to place on your tongue words of encouragement and edification.  Some things might have to go undone…I can promise you that they will not remember the dust on the furniture, but they will remember you holding them and reading them Bible stories.  They will remember the sound of your voice as you pray with them and for them.

Proverbs 22:6 tells us to: “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”         

            Make sure that your children are drinking the JOY JUICE of Jesus…and be an example by drinking it faithfully, yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment